Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Zatarain's & Kielbasa

I consider this a Ghetto Night Meal. It's too good not to mention though.

For some reason, I didn't take pics of it.  I guess when you only have 2 ingredients, it doesn't really seem like it deserves attention as a home cooked meal...but then I eat it and kick myself for not giving it the recognition it so truly needs.

So here's what I do.

I take a box of Zatarain's Black Beans & Rice
and a kielbasa sausage.


You slice up the kielbasa and pan fry it until it's just a little browned.  Then you dump the Zatarain's & some water (I think it's 2 1/2 cups....whatever the box says) in on top of it. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat & simmer for 25 minutes.

Done.

I promise to take a picture of it next time. 
This whole meal costs about $4.50 to make and it is SO filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment