Monday, May 10, 2010

The Most Delicious Pork Roast EVER

I made this on Saturday night and I am still salivating over it. Maybe I was just REALLY hungry, but I am going to totally brag and call myself a wicked awesome cook because this baby was so dang good.

Ingredients:
A big, huge pork shoulder roast, 1 packet of onion soup mix, 1 bottle of Italian salad dressing
 I got a great deal on this roast.

OK, trim the fat & plop that bad boy in a crock pot.


Add about a cup of water.
Mix the dressing and the onion soup mix. Pour it over the roast.


Cook it on low for 8 hrs.

I then pulled it out and removed the meat from the bone. Basically made pulled pork. The meat literally fell apart. I removed some of the fat as well. While the meat was out of the crock pot, I added some cornstarch to the juice that was in the crock pot. Then I threw the meat back in and let it sit for another 15 minutes.


Done. I made some mashed potatoes (of course) and some fresh green beans for the side.

Oh sweet savory deliciousness.

I set aside about 1/3 of the meat for a meal later on this week.
The rest fed 4 adults and 2 kids...BIG servings.

It was seriously good. SO good.

1 comment:

  1. Now what does corn starch do?
    Cuz I used it once and it is some weird stuff!

    ReplyDelete