Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mmmmm...Meatloaf

This is SO good. This recipe came from my friend Jeffrey...of whom was my boss about 7 years ago. :)

Anyway, he shot this recipe over to me last week and I was drooling while reading it.
Hopefully he doesn't think that I butchered the recipe!

I did have one issue. I was about to start dinner and my camera went missing. I tore up my office and everywhere that I thought one of the kids would have put it...nowhere to be found. Uncool.
So I went ahead and started dinner. Right before I was about to start cooking it, my 3year old fessed up & the camera reappeared. So I apologize for not having pics of the ingredients!!

Here we go.

Ingredients:
2lbs ground beef, 1lb of carrots, 1lb broccoli, 1/2 med yellow onion, 3 eggs, about 3/4 cup bread crumbs (give or take a smidge), 2 tbsp PC Citrus Basil Rub, 3 tbsp worchestire sauce, shredded cheese (I used a mix of monterey jack & cheddar), mushroom gravy (prepared)

I took the carrots and peeled them. Then I used my Food Chopper to chop up the broccoli, carrots & onions. I chopped them until they were almost minced.

Mix the veggies with the ground beef.

Add the worchestire sauce, eggs, bread crumbs & seasoning.

This made a TON.  So instead of putting it in a bread pan as I had planned, I put it in my Deep Covered Baker.


Then I put a generous amount of cheese on top.


Then I poured some mushroom gravy on top. Jeffrey told me to put a lot. I figured one packet would be enough (plus, that's all I had in my pantry) but I think I will use 2 next time.  You can never have too much gravy.



This thing was SO heavy. I was going to just let it bake away in the oven, but I wanted to speed things up a bit.  So I put the lid on it and popped it in the microwave for 15minutes.  Then I took the lid off and placed it in a 350 degree oven for another 30 minutes...until it had an internal temp of about 160.

I pulled it out and put some more cheese on top to melt.


AND:


This thing smelled so good...it put me in a food coma. I plated it all pretty and such...and then forgot to take a picture of it because I darn near inhaled it.

SO savory and good. Total comfort food.  You could totally taste the broccoli & carrots and they gave it such a different taste. An EXCELLENT spin on the good old meatloaf. I will so be making this again. The only thing that I'm going to change is the gravy...I'm going to make twice as much so that I can drizzle some over it on the plate.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment