Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shredded Pork Sandwiches

These little numbers are made with the leftover pork from my roast a few nights ago.

Ingredients:
1 loaf of fresh French Bread, leftover pork from roast (I barely made a dent in my leftovers), 1 stick of butter (at room temp) & sliced provolone cheese.


The first thing I did was pop the meat in the microwave. It took abut 6ish minutes to heat up all the way.

Next you slice up the loaf of bread.


Then you take your stick of butter and melt about half of it onto a hot griddle.


Lay the slices of bread on the griddle.


Let them brown for a minute or two and then flip them.
(you can spread a bit more butter on the non-toasted sides if you want. I did, of course)


Now you grab your shredded pork. Place a spoonful of pork onto 8 of the pieces of toast.
I used my PC Large Scoop...it equals about 3 Tbsp.


Next, put a slice of Provolone cheese on top of the meat.


Top each one with another slice of toast.


Flip them a few times to get the cheese melting.


Doesn't get much easier than that!


Dip them in some Dijon mustard and...perfection.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment