Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Banana Bread

For some unknown reason I have bananas that aren't being eaten by my kiddos.
I actually find this to be a good thing because I LOVE banana bread, but normally my bananas don't sit long enough to get all mushy and gross...perfect for banana bread.

So today I decided to jump on the opportunity.

I normally make my mother-in-law's banana bread. It's SO good and my husband loves when I make it.
I can't find the recipe though and I needed to make it this morning...couldn't wait until she got home from work and could give me the recipe.

I found a recipe online and tweaked it just a smidge. So here it is.

Ingredients:
2 cups of flour, 1tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I used 4 bananas), 1 stick of butter, 2 eggs & 3/4ish cups brown sugar


First you mix the flour with the baking soda and salt.


Next, mash up the bananas.
You can use a fork or whatever...I used my Mix N Chop.


Next, mix the butter with 1/2 cup of brown sugar.


Mix it up until it looks like this.


Mix the sugar/butter mixture in with the bananas.


It'll be all lovely and goopey.


Now you beat the eggs. I used the same bowl as I did for the butter/sugar.  It's all going to the same place, right?


Pour them in with the bananas.


Add the flour mixture.


Mix it all together until you have a nice, lumpy batter.


Next you want to grease and flour a bread pan.

I use Crisco, wipe it on with a paper towel and then dust it with flour.



Pour the batter in and even it out.


This is where my tweaking comes in. It's crazy and genius.
Ready?

Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of brown sugar on top.
:)
Yeah, that's it...nothing special. But oh, so delicious.


Bake it at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.


Let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from the bread pan.


You can let it cool, but I prefer to slice it up right out of the oven and smother it with butter.


And I'm a happy woman.




2 comments:

  1. Annie - Your Mom is a church friend of mine and has passed along your super great blog! I love it...I have passed it along to other young Mom friends of mine, too! This recipe was fun and easy. I enjoyed having my netbook in the kitchen with me while I followed along with your pictures and instructions. Thanks.

    Becky Barnfather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Becky!! I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete