Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rotini w/ Spinach & Balsamic Tomatoes

One word.

Phenomenal.
At least that's one mom's opinion.

Ingredients:
Rotini pasta, Light Balsamic Vinaigrette, 2 cans diced Italian tomatoes, 2 bell peppers (red & yellow), spinach leaves

OK, prepare the pasta as directed on the box. We'll add that in later.

Slice up the peppers.

 

Toss them in a skillet w/ a smidge of oil & whatever seasoning you like. I did some kosher salt & my PC Italian Seasoning.


Add some of the Balsamic dressing.  I probably did about 1/4 cup.


Add the tomatoes.


Add a bit more balsamic vinaigrette.  I'm thinking it was about another 1/4 cup. I didn't measure...just squeezed the bottle a few times.


Now add the spinach. I used just about the whole bag (which was 10 oz). I love spinach a lot.


Stir it all around until the spinach wilts.


Now, I like to mix my pasta with the sauce before it ever hits the plate. Maybe it's a mom thing, but the thought of a 3 year old trying to mix his pasta & sauce on his own gives me a feeling similar to fingernails on a chalkboard.



Good to go. Let's eat!

I seriously considered eating leftovers for breakfast this morning. It was that good.

THIS is my kind of vegetarian meal. For real.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment