Saturday, May 15, 2010

Greek Beef Bolognese

This is a Pampered Chef recipe from this cookbook.
It was much easier than I expected and it turned out fantastic.

*WARNING*
I had a horrible migraine when I was making dinner. I went ahead and took pics while I was doing so, but some of them are awful. I apologize!!


Ingredients:
12oz spaghetti,  1.5 lbs ground beef, 1 med onion, 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint, 1 lemon, 4oz feta cheese, 3 cans of diced Italian tomatoes, PC Greek Rub, olive oil, S & P


Prepare the spaghetti as directed on pkg.  The recipe calls for 12 oz...the smallest box I could find was 16oz. Next time I will prepare the whole box...


Next you want to zest the lemon.


In a skillet pour 1 Tbsp of olive oil.  Add the ground beef, onion (chopped) and 3 TBSP of the Greek Rub
Cook until meat is no longer pink.


Add the tomatoes.


Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. 
Meanwhile...slice the mint into thin strips.

Add 1/3 cup to the meat mixture. Keep the rest for a garnish.


Add the lemon zest.


Add the feta.


Mix it all together and toss with the spaghetti.

Top it with a little of the reserved mint & serve!



It was delicious! A very nice spin on spaghetti...it had a lot of flavor!
I may use more feta next time just because I love feta. A Lot.

I made this with a killer migraine and I survived.  It would be a cakewalk with a clear head.
Try it!

:)







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post!

    I've cooked this recipe about 6 or 7 times and love it. I was supposed to make it this evening and forgot to pick up some of the ingredients and couldn't remember what they were, so the reminder was helpful.

    I'll be sure to check out your blog for other recipes!

    Cheers,

    Ethan

    ReplyDelete