Thursday, May 13, 2010

BBQ Cups

This is another recipe from my friend Courtney.  I'll admit...when she first told me about them I thought they sounded a little boring. But who am I to judge? I gave them a shot and I'm so glad that I did.

They're quick, easy, yummy and a total kid pleaser. Good stuff if you ask me.

The ingredients:
1lb of ground beef, 1 pkg of refrigerated biscuits (to make 10 or so), Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, shredded cheese of your choice. I TOTALLY thought that I had bought some cheddar for this and stood in front of my fridge for a good 5 minutes looking for it. I finally accepted the fact that I had not bought it...so I went with some Italian blend...I was a little scared though. I'll admit it.


First thing you do is brown the meat. 
Well actually, preheat your oven to whatever temp your biscuits call for.  Mine said 400 degrees.


That's my Mix 'N Chop. I can't survive without it. It breaks up the meat perfectly so that it all cooks evenly.  I use it for my mashed potatoes as well. I'd probably shed a tear if anything ever happened to it.


Get the meat nice & brown and then drain it. Next you shake in some Worcestershire sauce.  This isn't and original ingredient, I just really love this stuff and try to put it in as much as possible. I probably put about 3 or 4 Tbsp.


Toss in the BBQ sauce. Anywhere from 1/2 cup or more...I did more.


And that's it for the meat.


Next you take a muffin pan & spray it with some cooking spray. I forgot this step...don't be like me.


Now to the biscuits. You want to get the cheapie, cheapie, cheap kind. The ones that you'd think would be crappy and a waste of your $0.46. Get those. I've tried these with the not so cheapie ones (the bigger ones) and they just don't turn out as well.


Take each biscuit and flatten it out.


Press them into the bottom of each muffin cup.


Next you want to spoon the meat into each cup.


Grab your cheese.  I was still freaked out with my Italian blend so I went searching again and found a tiny bit of Swiss.


I popped it in my PC Rotary Grater and shredded it over the cups.



Pop them in the oven for about 12 minutes. I totally ended up sprinkling some of the Italian blend on top of the Swiss. I figured, it's cheese...cheese makes everything better.


Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Survey says:


He's happy. I'm happy. Success!


3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...those look SO good.

    BTW - I don't know how I ever lived without a Mix N Chop. I even bought my Mom one for Christmas. Now she loves hers too. It's the best invention EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it?! I've had mine for 4 years now. I think everyone should have one. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I will try this with my excess shredded chicken? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete