Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Simple ways to jazz up cheap muffin mix...

I bought 2 packages of Betty Crocker muffin mix (the ones that make 6 muffins each) last week.
These bagged ones are way cheaper than the more popular boxed kind, but they're nothing to rave about. I'm always looking for ways to improve upon them & this is what I usually do.

Add yogurt.
Add some fruit.
Sprinkle something on top.

This morning I used two pkgs...one blueberry, one wild berry.
I mixed in 3 tbsp oil, 1 egg, 1/2 cup water, 1 6oz blended yogurt & a few blackberries (cut up a bit)

I sprinkled some brown sugar on top and popped them in the over (400 degrees) for 20 minutes.

It makes them more filling and super moist. An easy fix to a plain old muffin.




4 comments:

  1. what do you mean "blended yogurt"? Flavored? Plain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...I should have explained that. I just meant a yogurt that doesn't have fruit mixed in or on the bottom. Just the smooth, flavored yogurt. I did a blueberry yogurt with these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I was thinking of adding some mini chocolate chips. Would I still add the oil water & egg?

      Delete