Friday, April 16, 2010

Pork Roast w/ a Pineapple Mango Sauce

Tonight's dinner was a bit of an experiment.  Roasts are SO easy to experiment with...as long as you slow cook them, they usually turn out.  I've yet to taste a bad pork roast.

So here's what I did.  I'm putting pics of the progress (fantastic idea...thank you Pioneer Woman!).

So I started with 2 24oz pork roasts, a can of chicken broth, a can of pineapple rings & 3 mangos. The pic only shows one roast...but that's because I had already plopped the other in the crock pot before I remembered to take a pic. :)

I put them both in the crock pot.


Then I peeled and chunked the mangos. If you don't have a serrated peeler...buy one. They are fabulous!


Okie dokie, Then I poured about a cup of chicken broth over the roasts. Dropped the mangos in there & then placed the pineapple rings over the roast.  I poured all the pineapple juice in there as well.  I wanted to add a little kick to it so I sprinkled some red pepper flakes on top as well.

I put that baby on HIGH for 3hrs and then on LOW for 2. Normally I'd do about 6 to 8 hrs on low, but I didn't get started on this until noon.

When there was about an hour left I decided to add some Pampered Chef Sweet & Smokey BBQ Rub to it.  Just for some more color.


Meanwhile I whipped up some mashed taters. I love mashed potatoes. A LOT.


DINNER TIME!!


I thought it had GREAT flavor.  The pineapple added just the right amount of sweetness while the mango gave it a fruity, peppery flavor. The meat fell apart with no effort...really, really yummy.  I'll be making this one again for sure!



Austin liked it.  If I can get a picky 3 year old to eat it then I've done my job.

:)

1 comment:

  1. This was really good! My final result was not nearly as pretty as yours, but still yummy!

    ReplyDelete