Friday, April 23, 2010

Maple Ginger Pork Chops & Mashed Taters

I got this recipe from my dear friend, Jamie. I love her more and more every time I make these.
They are so simple and have unbelievable flavor!

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops (I used 3 tonight b/c they were HUGE)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3 tbsp butter

Sauce:
1/2 maple syrup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard (I'm generous with this measurement)
2 tsp cider vinegar
1/4 tsp ground ginger


Sprinkle the chops with salt & pepper.


Beat egg and ginger in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
Dip the chops in the egg mixture.


And then coat them in bread crumbs.


Place the butter in a skillet over med heat.


Add the pork chops.

 

Cook them for 5-7 minutes per side.
They should look like this:


When the internal temp reaches 160, remove the chops from the pan.
Mix the sauce ingredients together...looks delightful, doesn't it?


Pout it into the pan.  It'll bubble up all gooey and delicious like this:


Reduce the heat to low ad put the chops back in, coating them with the sauce.


While those sit in the sauce...mash up your taters.
I cube my potatoes really small so that they cook faster.

Toss them back into the pot. 
I added some cream cheese, fresh parsley, milk (I just eye-balled it) & 4 tbsp of butter.

Mash them up. Add some salt & pepper to taste and you're done.


Throw it all together on a plate w/ some veggies and you've got dinner!



How good does that look? Seriously. They are unbelievable.
Try them....now!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment