Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pantry Meal - Chicken & Veggie Alfredo

I was originally going to do a fish fry tonight.  I fire up the turkey fryer and the fish is done SO quickly!
However, the Colorado skies are not working in my favor today. One minute it's raining...then it's hailing like crazy, then there's blue sky, etc....very unpredictable today.  I don't have a covered deck out back and I'm sure not about to bring the fryer into my kitchen....so I decided to whip something up using what I already have.

I've got leftover chicken (this stuff is never ending!), some zucchini & yellow squash, pasta & Alfredo sauce.

So I will update with pics once it's dinner time!

OK....so dinner is over and it was fantastic.
Here's what I did.

I took the ingredients that I mentioned before...I also grabbed some cream of mushroom soup out of the pantry, some Italian seasoning (I use the Pampered Chef kind) & a few snips of fresh basil. It's the only herb that I've managed to keep alive and I love it.



First thing I did was toss the pasta (a little over two cups of rigatoni) in a pot to cook.
Then I chopped up the chicken and the veggies.


I tossed 2 Tbsp of butter in a pan.



Then in went the veggies & a generous sprinkling of the seasoning



Next came the chicken.


Then the can of soup.


I mixed it all up and let it simmer for about 5 minutes while the pasta was finishing up.


When the pasta was done I tossed it with the chicken & veggie mixture and added the Alfredo sauce.
I cut the basil into thin slices and sprinkled some on top of the pasta along with some red pepper flakes.


This was a major crowd pleaser!  The boys gobbled it up like they hadn't eaten in 4 days... :)
It was so incredibly satisfying.


and

No comments:

Post a Comment