Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Biscuit Garden Pizza



I love pizza as much as the next guy. Unless that guy is my husband. The man could eat pizza morning, noon and night for 6 years straight and not tire of it. He's insane. I like variety with pizza. We had a Thai Chicken pizza the other night and it was so light and refreshing. It inspired me to try something a little different.

First off...I roasted my first red bell pepper. I've never done it before and it was MUCH easier than I thought. All you do is coat the pepper in vegetable oil and toss it under the broiler. Turn it as it gets bubbles up and gets crispy.


Then you toss it into a bowl and cover it.  It'll steam itself and after about 15-20 minutes it'll be nice and wrinkly & you can peel the skin right off. Easy peasy.


OK, so here's the pizza.

Take a can of flaky biscuits and peel each one in half. Lay them out on a stone or whatever you make pizza on.  A cookie sheet would work just fine too. I had one biscuit left over so I just cut it up and stuck the pieces in the gaps.


Mix about 3 Tbsp of olive oil and 3 cloves of crushed or pressed garlic. Brush it on top of the biscuits and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. I didn't measure it. I just grabbed a few handfuls.


Now for the toppings. I sliced up 2 small tomatoes, 1 zucchini and 1 yellow squash.


Sprinkle the crust with Italian seasoning mix. Then I layered the veggies, Parmesan cheese, mini pepperoni and the roasted pepper.


Sprinkle some more mozzarella cheese on top and bake it for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees.


It smelled SO dang good!


It was phenomenal. No joke. I love that it didn't have marinara sauce on it. It was very light and the flavor was amazing! Keeper!




1 comment: