Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stroganoff....of sorts.

This meal was not intended to be a stroganoff. It just kind of turned into one. I have no problem with that because I LOVE stroganoff.

I was a bit frazzled when I was making this...1.) because at around 2pm I realized that I forgot to throw it in the crock pot that morning. and 2.) because my 16 month old was having a bad teething day.

So here's what I did.

I mixed up some flour with paprika, garlic salt & seasoning salt.


I then tossed some beef stew meat in it. I used about a lb of meat.

 

Spray a skillet with cooking spray and toss the meat in.


Toss it around a bit and let it cook for just a few minutes....until it's JUST starting to brown.


Toss it in the crock pot along with a can of Cream of Mushroom soup.


Mix it up.


Now chop up an onion. Actually about a half of a large onion.


Place them in the crock pot on top of the meat mixture.


I cooked it on high for about an hour and then dropped it down to low for the next 3 hours.

When the meat was just about done, I made some mushroom rice.  It's basically Rice a Roni...just mushroom flavored.


I served it like this...rice with the meat on top. This is where it became a stroganoff. I decided that it needed something else because it was looking very.....brown. So I plopped some sour cream on top. I served it with buttered lima beans. Those weren't a huge hit with the 3 year old. Or the 30 year old for that matter.

But the stroganoff itself was delicious! I just mixed it all up together and chowed down.
 I'll make it again this way for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment