Monday, June 14, 2010

Country Ribs

I probably shouldn't post this as a recipe because I literally threw some meat into the crock pot and called it a day.  But it WAS a cheap meal.

I love ribs. I never make them though because they can get pricey.  Country style ribs are MUCH cheaper because...well, I don't think that they're technically ribs. I found a big huge pack of them on Manager's Special...reduced price for quick sale because the sell-by-date was coming up quickly.

I paid $6 for all this meat:


So all I did was sprinkle some PC Smoky BBQ Rub on them...


I threw them into the crock pot and poured some BBQ sauce over them.


I cooked them on low for 8 hours.

They were perfect. Served them up with corn on the cob and a green salad. And no...I didn't take a pic of the final product. I told you I was a slacker. I blame camping (as fun as it was...) and my crazy children that seem to perform some sort of brain reduction surgery on me everyday around 4pm.

They were delicious though! I used the leftover meat to make pulled pork sandwiches. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment