Monday, June 14, 2010

Cheap, Quick & Easy Breakfasts.

I have mentioned this before, but my husband gets up and leaves for work around 4:30/5:00 in the morning. I do my best to wake up and get his coffee and breakfast ready...but let's face it. That is EARLY. I've usually only had a couple solid hours of sleep. Like 2 or 3...I love my kids, I really do, but I wish they'd enjoy sleeping as much as I do. Anyway, I'm pretty pooped that early in the morning. So I'm not usually prancing around in a chef's coat preparing a 5 star breakfast.  What I usually do is make stuff ahead of time and freeze it.

Like the muffins I made a while back. Remember these:


and this:


If it's not 100 degrees outside, I'll bake. Or I'll hit up the reduced price bakery rack. I can usually nab a big old tray of cinnamon rolls for about $2.00 or pastries or...whatever. They're cheap and need to be sold ASAP because the sell-by-date is coming up. If you take them home and freeze them, you're good to go.  So I do.

Separate your goods into individual breakfasts. Stick them in a bag & freeze them.


Take one out the night before and stick it in the fridge to defrost. In the morning...pop it in the microwave for a sec and Viola...breakfast is ready. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment