Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mmmmmm...Steak. Salad.




Steak is a bit of a rare commodity in this house. Too bad, because I can put away a steak like it's no one's business. I come from red meat lovin' people.

I made the husband a steak salad for Father's Day...well, I actually made it for his "One Day Late Because You Were Outside All Night Working On The Kid's Clubhouse On Sunday...Dinner". He's such a good dad...spent his day making a rad pirate clubhouse for our little beasts.

This was easy peasy.  I used a 1.5lb sirloin steak. It's a cheaper cut of meat. Cost me just under $7.
I seasoned it and tossed it on the grill for about 9 minutes (4 on one side, 5ish on the other).


Then I took a bagged salad:


Mixed it with some Roma tomatoes & sliced red onion.


I tossed it all in some Balsamic Dressing. This stuff is phenomenal.


Then I sliced up the steak, put a few strips on top of the salad and topped it with bleu cheese. I love bleu cheese so very, very much.

Done.
Here's the pic again. Just because it's pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment